2.05.2017

Cosie's baptism...

Cosette had a big day yesterday!

Her dad baptized her a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.

It was a beautiful day. Cosette was the only kid getting baptized so we had the ceremony to ourselves which was really nice. 

Family and friends made it a special day. Thanks to the ward members who helped with talks and music. Teachers, leaders, and friends who shared the day with us. And thanks to Grandparents for being there!

Family photo attempt... 

My life is richly blessed because of my faith. I hope that Cosette sees the good that comes into her life through her membership in our church. A neat experience yesterday for me was when I watched Blake invite my dad and his dad and various friends and leaders (all male) up to confirm Cosie a member and give her the gift of the Holy Ghost. As these men encircled her and laid their hands on her head, I saw the power of good men. There has been a movement/criticism of my church that women hold a lesser place - that because we can never be the prophet or hold the calling of bishop or be the ones that give a blessing to our children that we are less than. As those men did their role by providing a priesthood ordinance for my daughter - I was content in my role as wife and mother. I did not feel left out - I felt grateful that I had done my part in preparing Cosie for this day so that they could do their part. As I looked at those hands placed gently on my daughter's head, I was grateful for the goodness of these men and the safety that I have always felt when I contemplate the priesthood of God.

2 comments:

Danielle said...

Beautifully said Cyndi! I feel exactly the same way! I love that my husband and I have different, yet equal roles. It's truly wonderful plan!
Congratulations on your sweet Cosie's baptism! She looked so happy and beautiful! Thank you for inviting us to be a part of such a special day!! We love you guys!

Britt said...

Sounds like a wonderful day! Congrats to Cosie!