12.31.2016

2016 recap...

  1. What one event, big or small, are you going to tell your grandchildren about?
My brother's death

What was the best news you received?
That the liquid root-killer on Amazon had long-term positive reviews... please help it save our main line.

What was your favorite place that you visited in 2016?
Santa Cruz, California

Which of your personal qualities turned out to be the most helpful this year?
Organization

Which new skills did you learn?
How to properly hang things on walls without them being a falling hazard

What, or who, are you most thankful for?
A good marriage. Blake. He is my everything.

What was the most important lesson you learnt in 2016?

What 5 people did you most enjoy spending time with?
Seems a little harsh to name names... 

What was your biggest break-through moment career-wise?
BAHAHAHA... potty training Perry or weaning Luna - it's a toss up.

How did your relationship to your family evolve?
This year has been difficult for a lot of my family members in numerous ways. I like to think that we appreciate each other a little more after this year.

What book or movie affected your life in a profound way?
The Collapse of Parenting by Leonard Sax

What was your favorite compliment that you received this year?
I love your house. I think I finally found my style and I appreciate when others think that the pure junk I find to hang on my walls is cute as well.

What little things did you most enjoy during your day-to-day life?
Luna's snuggles. That girl wins my heart every day.

What cool thing did you create this year?
A blessing outfit display for my master bedroom.

Was there anything you did for the very first time in your life this year?
Submitted a manuscript for a children's book to various publishing houses (like 10 minutes ago because it was one of last year's resolution and I like to procrastinate).

What was your favorite moment spent with your friends?
Catching up with high school friends I hadn't seen in years.

Which worries turned out to be completely unnecessary?
Ummm - all of them. I am omni-phobic, afraid of everything, and it is pointless.

What experience would you love to do all over again?
The 10 things to throw away challenge. I don't have the gumption for it this year but I love the cleanliness it brought on last January.

What was the best gift you received?
A NEW KITCHEN!!!

How did your overall outlook on life evolve?
That it can be really really really complicated.

What was the funniest moment of your year, one that still makes it hard not to burst out laughing when you think about it?
Blake's awesome single-digit running outfits. This is what insanity looks like.

What purchase turned out to be the best decision ever?
Gray stained cabinets vs. white.

What one thing would you do differently and why?
The kitchen flooring - it is not up to the task of 5 children.

What do you deserve a pat on the back for?
Gym attendance

What activities made you lose track of time?
Painting, blogging, and reading.

What topics did you most enjoy learning about?
Death - weird, I know but it is the truth.

What new habits did you cultivate?
Early morning scripture study - although Christmas break has been very inconsistent.

What advice would you give your early-2016 self if you could?
Go visit David.

What or who had a positive impact on your life this year?
Living near Blake's parents... one day my three oldest came home from Grandma's with bears they had sewn and fresh baked cookies and all I could think was, "Wow - Their childhood couldn't get much better."

1 comment:

Jana Weaver said...

What a neat look on the year...The good, bad, hard, fun and in between. Happy anniversary!