11.13.2016

Gratitude Day 5...

A quiet moment.

Quiet moments are not in an abundance around here so I truly appreciate each and everyone. A little over a month ago, I decided to carve out a little extra quiet time for myself. My children wake up at 7am and due to pregnancy and nursing, I have always taken advantage of each sleeping moment until their awakening awakes me. However, as of May this year, for the first time in almost 10 consecutive years, I am no longer pregnant or nursing. I decided that I could sacrifice a little sleep and I would begin arising at 6am every weekday and Sunday morning to have a personal study time in the quiet of my home. I am grateful for this time - I grateful to read from the scriptures, write in my journal, and listen to inspiring words such as these. My morning prayers are no longer rushed, I have more time to spend learning, meditating, and writing, and I feel more prepared for 7am when my quiet moment is broken. Mornings have always been my favorite time of day and I am grateful that lately I have been able to spend a little more time in the quiet of them.

2 comments:

Jana Weaver said...

Sounds beautiful! And rewarding! What fun gratitude posts!

Britt said...

I do the same, and I love it.