7.28.2016

Summer...

Summer with 5 kids at home all day is exhausting.

There is always one crying, one asking for food, one begging for some elaborate form of entertainment, one in need of a nap, and one pooping.

I had this grand plan to get my kitchen and dining room finally cleaned after the construction mess... I have spent two days on it to no avail. I would get the table cleaned off then it was time for lunch/crafts/finger painting with a smoothie (Perry). I would get the dishes done then walk outside to find the long forgotten stack of pans from our days of eating on the deck. I would sweep only to have Luna walk behind and dump half a box of rice krispies.

But as of this moment with the hundredth request for food and the subsequent popcorn mess, I surrender and have decided to focus my efforts somewhere else... blog venting.

Oh my goodness...

I knew this summer was going to hard... 

I was prepping and planning for it weeks before school even got out. I had a very ambitious summer fun list. I had weekly and daily schedules. I had a job list as long as my arm for the kids to conquer when they bombarded me with that headache-inducing phrase, "I'm bored."

But this week hit with scorching temperatures, sicknesses all around, a trip to pack for, and a kitchen that is still not quite finished (the last 1% of it is killing me) and all I want to do is bury my head in the sand... but it is too hot for that. 

So I did the next best thing - downloaded a countdown app:

23 days, 17 hours, 1 min, and 16 seconds until school starts.

At this moment with Luna screaming in her bed, Fielding demanding goldfish, Paisley requesting flubber, Cosie telling me her head hurts, and Perry stinking the joint up (Why is this kid not potty trained yet?) - it can not happen fast enough.

4 comments:

Jana Weaver said...

I know it's not actually funny in the moment... it's exhausting and crazy and messy and hard...but you made me laugh, thanks. Potty training is zero fun, maybe you could pay Paisley to train Perry. Although, when I trained Andrew over the summer I thought it was hard since we go alot more.

Britt said...

I'm dying here too! This week was particularly rough. The kids are to the point where they are at each other's throats non-stop. I want to put them in a cage and let them settle things once and for all!

AndersonGR8 said...

Sorry, this made me laugh out loud. Love the honest assessment of a family in motion. And love you kids!

AndersonGR8 said...

Sorry, this made me laugh out loud. Love the honest assessment of a family in motion. And love you kids!