6.06.2016

Summer...

School ended...

I'm taking summer one day at a time (because if I think of all 78 days at once I get a little nauseous).

I don't want to say it because everyone says it, but this school year flew by... 

I feel like I never even had time to get into a groove. Cosette's teacher was phenomenal but had a 100 different programs running in her class and I could never keep up on all the things Cosie was supposed to turn in or do or bring to class. As I gave her a teacher a thank you hug, I expressed my sincere gratitude for all she did and muttered my apologies for always being two steps behind.

I didn't have to repeat this apology to Paisley's teacher because I am pretty sure he was atleast 4 or 5 steps behind all year. Sadly, the only thing really impressive about man teacher was his hair.
(Paisley refused a picture with him because, "Eww - he is a boy." so we settled on one with her BF for the year.)

The kids are eager to hit up all our summer spots but we ran away to Eastern Idaho for awhile (we might have to repeat this a few times this summer). But I am sure as soon as we get back the request will coming rolling in for Eagle Island, the river, and the splash park. If over the course of the next three months you need me, just check the local park; I am the crazy lady with a baby strapped to me while pushing a double stroller filled with floaties and butterfly nets and a handful of towheads...

Or maybe just check the insane asylum...

1 comment:

HowellAZ said...

Oh boy! And entire summer of entertaining and taking care of kiddos 24/7! Now that school is out, I've been wanting to ask you a few school-related questions. 1) how do you keep variety in school lunches 2) what in the world do you do with all those papers (and do you keep any of their school work as memories) 3) how do you keep track of assignments, school activities
I had one kindergartner for less than one full school year and I was already overwhelmed. I am curious how you deal with it all since you are organized and tidy. And if the thought of answering this makes you want to go to the loony bin, it can wait til next school year starts! :)