5.21.2016

Po-tay-to, Po-tah-to...

Today was a good day for a run...

 Blake and I did The Great Potato Race here in Boise - me on the half and him on the full.

It was an early morning to catch the bus by 5:30. Here Blake is studying the course map, his #1 objective, "Don't take a wrong turn."

Made it to the start. Marathon starts always make me chuckle... lots of nervous energy which results in long porta-potty lines and awkward dancing.

With all those nerves, I wear socks that mark which foot is which so I don't put my shoes on wrong.

I had a good race with a PR of 1:52. The weather was great and I was so happy to not be running up a beastly hill. There was no one at the finish to take my picture but it wouldn't be anything remarkable - if you have seen one of my running pictures you have seen them all.

So I chugged a couple chocolate milks and ate my baked potato then went and stationed myself at the finish... to nervously watch the clock as I waited for Blake. Blake had a big goal of being sub-3-hours for the marathon. He has planned and prepared and was well-trained and had a fantastic race.

His official time was 2:58:15 - which will secure his spot in Boston for 2017. Hallelujah! He also finished 3rd overall and scored some sweet prizes - including a 5lb bag of potatoes!

Blake's friend, Greg, paced him in the last 6 miles and provided our comic relief at the finish line.

It was a fun day. Thank you Jo for long morning of babysitting... I am thinking we might need to hire a full-time running nanny.

5 comments:

Shelby Olson said...

Woohoo! Congrats to Blake on Boston!

Kara Bowman said...

So proud of you both!

Kara Bowman said...

So proud of you both!

Jana Weaver said...

Way to both PR!!

AndersonGR8 said...

Great race kiddos! "with wings on your feet". Look forward to followng the adventure.