2.01.2016

The last of it...

The last three days worth of 10 things:

Shoes:

 Ties:

Books and Paisley's fraying body pillow:

This was a fun project. I did 10 things for 30 out of the 31 days in January ( I missed last Sunday) which equals 300 things cleared from my house. The best part was the organizing that I did along the way. My sister Jaci, who could be a professional declutter, once said, "Everything in my house has a place. I have four kids so it might not be in that place, but it does have a place." I like that philosophy on housecleaning and have tried to adapt it into my home... and not stress too bad that most of my day is spent putting things back in their place. After this project, I feel like I know exactly what I own and all of these things are in a place that is appropriate to how much use they receive. (With the exception of the garage - I gave it a good once over but did not organize it as much as I had hoped. When the weather warms up, I hope to tackle it more in depth.)

So what month-long project do I have in mind for February...


I don't know if it is possible.

But I just cleared the house of junk and I have three large wood refinishing projects sitting in the shop calling to me and I really need an intervention - It is an addiction... a true blown addiction. So I will try - I am still trying to determine if Craigslist counts :)

2 comments:

Britt said...

I am standing in my kitchen rich now with crap piled up all around me thinking, "Maybe someday something in my house will be organized." For now, I'll just be proud of myself for having pants on.

Jo said...

Lucky for you, Cyndi, February is the shortest month. But wait!!! It's leap year! If you are tempted, you can come over and refinish some of my projects...