2.14.2016

Love day...

Happy Valentine's Day (or as I like to refer to it as The Holiday That Never Ends). With the big day of love falling on Sunday this year, we have been celebrating since Thursday... Fielding's preschool party, then the girl's school parties, than a date night for Blake and I, and now we are finally here with today...

I was good and kept everything low key (store-bought cards, didn't show up at their parties, and didn't dye a single food item pink) but even so I can't help but think, "How did we let Valentine's Day, an event that as a child I viewed as an 'adult holiday', turn into a elaborate week-long sugar fest for kids?"

I do enjoy showing my love to those I love the most so the kids woke to some small goodies and Blake to a basket full of dark chocolate.

And since it was Sunday, Blake and I went out last night instead and stayed home today and made a "fancy" meal with the kids. Cosette was put in charge of decorating the table and she did a mighty fine job.

Blake has been my Valentine for 12 years - our first together he bought me an ice cream scoop - that my friends is how I knew we were meant for each other. I love this man - he is my favorite.

No comments: