1.03.2016

Dining room - gray and white DIY board and batten...

I finished the dining room. 

Here is the before:
 The first picture I ever took in this house. Lots and lots and lots of red!

After:
  Ahhhh, that's better!

I love the added detail of the board and batten - I used this tutorial but luckily already had a chair rail, so it made the project easy peasy.

And the gray is my favorite color - it is the Pebble Gray that I used in the office and Lego room. It is the perfect shade that has good contrast while also being not too dark. Lots of people asked me how awful was it to paint over the red - it really wasn't too bad... I didn't prime so the glossy white took four coats but that helped the board and batten really have a seamless look and the semi-gloss gray took two.

Our next goal is to build a table that fits the room and our family... because although the two table look functions well for us, I am sure it is on some list of 10 design things to never do in a dining room.

I love the room and am still shocked at the transformation when I walk upstairs each morning.

4 comments:

Jana Weaver said...

Love it! What an awesome, beautiful transformation!

Trisha said...

looks so good!

connie said...

Love this...you are so good at this. I need your services for a month

connie said...

Love this...you are so good at this. I need your services for a month