9.16.2015

5 favorite words...

I saw a writing prop about "What are your 5 favorite words?" So in an effort to talk about anything beyond my children, my husband, my house - I'll take it.

In case you ever wondered my number one favorite word is...

#1: Frolic. I love the definition. I love the image of a grassy field with giggling lovebirds running through it that enters my head when I hear it. I love how it springboards off the tip of your tongue when you say it. This is an old love - my senior yearbook quote was, "Frolic like there is no tomorrow."

#2: Infumigate. This is one of those mispronounced words that sticks in your vocabulary. The real word is fumigate and involves filling an area with gas. I don't say the real word and I don't use it in those terms. Infumigate to me means you have just eaten something nasty and you can't rid your taste buds of the flavor. I.E. Once Blake tricked Cyndi into eating a peanut butter rice crispy treat, the taste infumigated her mouth causing her to lash out in fury towards him.

#3: Molting. Every Sunday, at some point I turn to Blake and say, "I'm molting - I'm going for a walk." Molting happens when someone who hates sitting still attempts to keep the Sabbath Day holy by sitting more still. I usually can make it through church, most of the afternoon, but by 6pm the walls start closing in. The only way to un-molt is to go - go outside, go to Blake's parents, go to Talmage's, go invite ourselves over to friends by showing up with goodies, go anywhere... I think this word entered my vocabulary after watching Aladdin.

#4: Scrunchy. No not the elastics covered in fabric type of scrunchy. But the scrunchy I use to describe a newborn babe. Scrunchy is closed-fists, furrowed brow, no neck control, legs incapable of fully straitening, itty-bitty newness. See visual:
Scrunchy is my favorite. Scrunchy doesn't last. Sadly, I will never be able to get enough scrunchy in my life.

#5: Wonky. Life can be so wonky - crooked, shaky, faulty. You need a substitute for swear words when you are a good little Mormon girl. Mine is wonky. This week our basement flooded because our plumbing is all wonky. True story.

Oops - I wasn't supposed to talk about the house...

Or the husband...

Or the kids...

It's impossible - they are my constant.

1 comment:

HowellAZ said...

Great word post! I think I'll hijack wonky. Yes, that's a keeper.