4.05.2015

Because He Lives...

I believe in Christ. I believe he lived. He died. And he lives again. Because of Him we have all been given the gift of immortality. Because of Him we have all been given the opportunity to return to our Heavenly Father.

Nothing has made the atonement of Jesus Christ more real to me then having to say good-bye to my son, Talmage. On January 22, 2011, I held both life (Fielding) and death (Talmage) in my arms and was forced to contemplate what exactly the difference was between the two. There was no light - no energy - no life in his small infant form.  I did not feel Talmage's presence while I held his body - he was irrefutably dead. Although my arms were holding something tangible, they have never felt so empty.

 But since that day, I have felt him near on various sacred occasions -  my heart and my mind have come to know that his soul continues on. And although my arms are still empty of his presence, there is a fullness that has came back into my life because I know that cold winter day was not his end. 

I know that Talmage will live again because He lives.

4 comments:

Kara Bowman said...

Thank you. This was the perfect ending to my Easter day. I love you!

Kara Bowman said...

Thank you. This was the perfect ending to my Easter day. I love you!

Jo said...

It is a blessing that you have felt him near you on sacred occasions. I too know that he is present and will live again because of our Savior. You are an example to me of faith.

HowellAZ said...

I appreciate the feeling of hope you conveyed in this post. The knowledge of the Jesus Christ really is a treasure.