3.18.2015

I spy something...

...non-existent.

This was going to be a super cute post (with super cute pictures) about all the green things I spied yesterday. 

The kid's green hair (especially Perry's mohawk), Fielding's green ninja underpants, Perry's froggy boots, frosting cookies, the green sprouting up all over`the yard, green jello, the random play jewelry the girls scrounged up to wear ranging in hues from teal to neon green, leprechaun drawings done by the girls, Fielding's glowstick "ax" that he wouldn't let out of his sight, the "Happy St Patrick's Day" button that Cosie traded her Hello Kitty lip-gloss for on the bus. etc...

But every time I went to get the camera to take a picture of one the above mentioned things, someone would say "Mom?!?" Followed by some request, grievance, or my personal favorite, "Just wanted to find out where you were." 

Ummm... the bathroom. Because sometimes even moms need to pee.

I swear I have heard the word "Mom" at least 1000 times in the last 48 hours. People shouldn't be annoyed of the sound of their own name but at this point I am. The kids have all seemed very attached to me at the moment. Maybe they know that yet another sibling is on it's way to divide mom's already completely divided attention even more. Maybe they are still assimilating from the move. Or maybe I am just hyper-sensitive to it due to my current state of gestation.

I think I am going to teach the next one to refer to me as something else. 

Maybe "Ma" or "Mami" or "Mutter"

Or maybe just "Cyndi" because I vaguely remember that was once what people greeted me by.

4 comments:

connie said...

Loved this post. You are a GREAT "MOM," that is why they say it so much. I love you Cyndi. Mom. Remember, Mom, Mom, Mom, .....what....I forgot

connie said...

Loved this post. You are a GREAT "MOM," that is why they say it so much. I love you Cyndi. Mom. Remember, Mom, Mom, Mom, .....what....I forgot

AndersonGR8 said...

I have a go-pro on its way to you - figure you can mount it on your head and just turn it on when you get up and we can watch the action live.

HowellAZ said...

Yes! A word I never imagined would make my blood boil. My favorite is when they start a sentence: "Mom, um Mom (as they are thinking of what they wanted to say), ah, Mom." Spit it out already! Haha!