1.23.2015

Ninja cakes and other fun...

 So like I said Fielding's only request for his cake was a "ninja on top." I thought that would be easy enough but after a few thrift store searches and a trip down the Wal-mart toy aisle and still no ninja, I realized that I would have to break down and head to Toys-R-Us. There we searched high and low and still were coming up empty-handed so we headed to the Lego section to see what there Ninjago sets had to offer... not much and at a much higher price than I thought this little cake topper should be. We settled on a set after much encouragement on Mom's part that I would make it cool. We were turning the corner to go check out when Fielding spied an end cap containing these  over-sized Lego alarm clocks. It was true love and "Look Mom - the perfect Ninja." He doesn't request much very often - so I gave him his one true birthday wish and it was worth the smiles!

We plopped Cole down on a rich and chocolaty throne of glory and life was complete for this four year old.

And nothing makes a birthday more complete then opening presents with both sets of Grandparents and a few close friends in attendance. The only disappointment for the day was after cake he asked, "Will it still be my birthday tomorrow?" To which I said "No." To which he informed me, "But I like my birthday not to end."

But atleast we have Grandma and Grandpa Anderson in town for the weekend to make the party last a wee bit longer.

2 comments:

Jo said...

Good food, good cake, great birthday party! Good job, Cyndi!

HowellAZ said...

Yes, that cake is fantastic and just look at that boy's smile. Perfection achieved!