11.08.2014

The last of it...

I'm pretty sure I told Blake at least 6 times this harvest season, "This is it - this is the last thing I am canning." But then a giant bucket of tomatoes would appear on my counter and I couldn't just let them rot so I made pasta sauce and tons of salsa and got canner burn-out because our October was warm and our tomatoes and peppers kept producing like crazy.

Our grapes did well this year and our kids (and half the neighborhood kids) ate and ate and ate them but we still had lots - I kept putting off preserving them hoping it would freeze and it would be too late, but that never happened. Fielding begged me to make grape juice so I did and one thing led to another...

But this time I mean it - this is it - this is the last thing I am canning. Which makes me happy!

1 comment:

HowellAZ said...

How in the world do you have time to do the things you do? I am amazed!