10.25.2014

Trunk or treat...

We had our first opportunity to wear Halloween costumes - the school's trunk or treat!

This year our cast of characters include Vader, a cowgirl, and Snappy the poodle.

 Gandalf and giraffe-baby made an appearance as well!

This year, I have chosen to not be quite as involved at the girl's school - not because I don't want to be there but because I got two boys that need me home so they can nap and rest and not be constantly run from one babysitter to the next (some weeks I feel like that happens anyways). So I was excited for the opportunity to help out with this activity because it was something I could do.

We were supposed to decorate our trunks and since Blake and I like to make good use out of LOTR costumes - we went with that. Do you get what it is, DAD? Obi-Wan Kenobi walked by at one point and said, "Mellon." So at least there was one fan of Middle Earth there. But I will say that the kids did enjoy reaching in the ring or the eye to get their candy.

It was a great way to kick off our week of Halloween festivities!

3 comments:

AndersonGR8 said...

Awww the mines of Moria. Great addition to the Gàndalf costume. Did we get a redo on Arwin as well?

HowellAZ said...

Some of this post was foreign language to me, but I still loved it! Haha! Those kiddos are adorable in their costumes. Happy Halloween!!!

Jo said...

Can I borrow your trunk decor for my car on Friday? If you aren't using it then, of course...