8.16.2014

Taking it apart...

Everyone, and I mean literally EVERYONE, has been asking me what I am going to do with all my extra time now that the girls are in school. Forget the fact that I still have two of the world's most busiest boys at home. Forget the fact that Cosie is only going half days. Forget the fact that there is no kindergarten busing and I spend a good portion of my day driving to and from the school/bus stop.

School started so therefore I must have all this time on my hands where I wander aimlessly trying to find something to do.

Well, that is not the case. 

But I am enjoying a few hours to do things more Fielding-style.

Like last week, when Perry was napping and Fielding and I headed to the garage to find something that we could take apart. We set our sights on Dad's old computer monitor. It was from the era when they made computer monitors the same size as 3-year-old boys.

F - "Mom this is a cool big show thing." 
Mom - "It is actually a part of a computer."
F - "No it's not."

Yeah - I know. It looks nothing like a computer to your eyes.

Fielding enjoyed unscrewing the screws, snipping the wires, and feeling the "poky parts." I liked throwing it all in trash (I have wanted to get rid of this beast for awhile) when we were done.

Perry woke up and helped us out. I never realized how filthy old electronics are inside - all of our hands and Perry's face were black.

The entire time Fielding kept saying,
 "Dad is going to be so made at us." 
"Are you sure we can do this Mom?" 
"I think you are going to be in trouble."

2 comments:

AndersonGR8 said...

Boys big and little always enjoy a little discovery time with a screwdriver, pliers and wire cutters. Monitors today - the lawn mover tomorrow. An activity right up my lane - as long as I don't have to put them together again...

Jana Weaver said...

What an awesome, fun idea! Carter would love that...too bad for him, I'm quick to depart with junk.