8.07.2014

Good goodies...

This year we got about a dozen peaches from our tree that Blake planted 3 years ago. I don't think I have ever had a really good peach before now. These suckers were unlike any peach I have had before - sweet juicy deliciousness.

We got some carrots! Enough for one night of stir fry and one batch of carrot muffins.

I love the light that comes in the back window above my sink. It makes doing dishes manageable and sink-baths photo worthy.

 The girls are getting way into board games (hmmm... wonder where that comes from?).

Kara gave us Fibber (which is just a kid-friendlier version of BS that I played in elementary school) and I love the nose glasses.

They are even big enough to teach their friends and play solo - it is awesome!

 TACO TUESDAY!

Thank you Lego Movie for the dinner inspiration. The kids gobbled them up - it will be repeated... every Tuesday!

This boy is sleeping so much better since I have quit nursing. I am grateful that I am able to breastfeed easily but I am also grateful when that one year mark hits and we can switch to a milk that I do not have to produce.

Blake's birthday gift to himself was a new game so we made some last minute plans and finished his birthday off by playing Caverna which is essentially Agricola 2.0 for those of you who speak board game geek.

And eating cake.

 We call it The Tuxedo and it surpassed The Rainbow in deliciousness!

2 comments:

HowellAZ said...

Happy Birthday Blake! We totally miss playing board games with you guys. You were always so good about having us over and feeding us...we really had it made with friends like you so close for those couple of years. :)
P.S. One day I hope to be able to take cake baking/decorating lessons from you. My mouth always waters whenever I see these pictures.

Micah Taylor said...

That cake looks DELICIOUS!! Also, Hank mentioned the arrival of a new game in your house... let us know how it compares. Love seeing your cute family updates, wish we weren't so far away.