6.25.2014

Elsa and Anna (and Olaf too)...

Blake's mom sewed Paisley an amazing Elsa dress for her birthday. It has been the hit dress-up around here and I have witnessed at least half a dozen little girls belt out Let It Go while wearing it.

Paisley and Cosie play Frozen a lot. Cosie always gets casts as Anna and since Paisley had an Elsa dress we needed something for Cosie. For awhile we have been making due with one of my old green t-shirts and a belt (they prefer Anna's green coronation gown over her blue one).

 Cosie has been requesting a better Anna dress so today when my lovely friend (thanks Danielle) took the older kids for a couple hours during Perry's nap, I got to work. It was scraped together from a hand-me-down holiday dress, an old pioneer skirt, scraps from Cosie's baby blanket, and a little fabric paint.

Far from perfect but just what the girls wanted. So they came home and we braided up their hair and they got to work reenacting the entire movie.

It was going grand until Fielding realized he was being left out, "I want an Olaf suit." I have no idea how you would make such a thing so we settled on Sharpie-ing up an old t-shirt. Which he thought was a bit silly.

But in the end totally worked for him.

 And he rewarded my efforts with being a total goofball. 

I love this kid!

So here's the cast of characters - it made for a very musical and fun afternoon.

2 comments:

AndersonGR8 said...

That warmed my heart.

Anna And Elsa Costumes said...

Blake's mom sewed Paisley an amazing Elsa dress for her birthday. It has been the hit dress-up around here and I have witnessed at least half ... annaandelsacostumes.blogspot.com