4.21.2014

Easter extras...

Our 12 days of Easter activities included Don't Eat Peep, egg races, egg hunts, visiting the world's creepiest Easter bunny, taking flowers to Talmage, coloring egg, having fun visitors come, decorating cookies, and a few other things that I can't remember. Here are the pics from the festivities:
 
 

Easter Day brought baskets and new church outfits and enough sugar to make my head spin. It was extra nice to have Grandma and Grandpa and Kara and Breeana on such a beautiful Easter morning!

We employed them as our photographers and the results far exceeded my expectations.

I love coordinating my kids at least once a year - I usually aim for Easter. 

I vowed I wasn't going to do it this year because... well... 4 kids... enough said. But a lucky trip to the DI landed Paisley's, Cosie's, and Fielding's all for $8. Then there was just Perry to worry about and I must have checked over a dozen stores looking for something teal and dressy and not plastered with a screen print. I finally gave in and spent $12 on a shirt at Old Navy because it was perfect. $12 on a baby shirt is basically a million bucks in my world. I don't know how people spend that much on kid clothes on a regular basis... before we even made it to church, the shirt was well initiated with drool and snot and chocolate bunny residue. I like my hand-me-downs that come pre-stained so I don't have to worry about it. 

But the shirt did help him pull off World's-Most-Handsome boy yesterday:

We even got a photo of just Blake and I - it has been way too long!

It was a beautiful Easter. I love this time of year - the sun, the flowers, the newness of everything. I can not reflect on all this life budding around me without thinking of Talmage and his short life. I know that that cold day in January was not his end. That because of Christ, Talmage will know Spring. I look forward to the day that I will meet my son and spend a Springtime with him.

No comments: