4.17.2014

Bored much...

 We love babysitting Maggie - it has helped me stay home more on Tuesday and Thursday afternoons which is good for a non-stay-at-home-stay-at-home mom like me. However, Maggie has lots of older siblings who have taught her the art of saying, "I'm bored." Which Cosette caught onto in a flash and the pair of them can be found walking around talking about how bored they are. It has become a bit of game - like "Do you want to play the bored game?" kind of thing.

On this particular afternoon they all made beds and laid in them for a good 30 minutes discussing just how sick and bored they were. No one was sick - it just added to the drama of the situation to talk like they were though.

They have learned not to turn to me with "I'm bored." It results in jobs - although vacuuming for some reason has always been a hit around here.

And the other day, we resorted to this:
Camping chairs and roasting marshmallows over a candle. 

Sometimes I am mistaken as a fun mom but in all actuality I am just a desperate one... because do you know how long it takes a marshmallow to get somewhat roasted over a minuscule flame? The same amount of time that it takes for me to move one load of laundry from the washer to the dryer and to put another in the washer. 

Which these days is just long enough!

Pretty sure those marshmallows had a nice hint of Vanilla Spice to them.

3 comments:

Jo said...

Fielding told me today that he was bored. I wondered about that! Now I know!

Marilyn Morningstar said...

Just one question: how do you do the stay-at-home-mom thing with four kids? :)

Marilyn Morningstar said...

Oops - that last one was from Chantal, but my mom was logged in and I didn't notice. :)