10.13.2011

Halloween Decor...

I am not a huge holiday decorator - something to do with part-lazy/part-cheap. I made an exception for Christmas once Paisley came along because I want my kids to feel the festiveness in the air, but the rest of the holidays don't get much love. This needs to change because after visiting Blake's mom and her spooky-fied house last night, Paisley said in the saddest voice a 4-year-old can muster, "Our house has no Halloween stuff."

So I woke up this morning and we set to work.  First, the girls helped me make a garland and some extra bats and glitter ghosts to place around the room.

Then we glued some lost-and-found spiders onto a picture frame.

Then I broke out my cricket (that sadly collects dust far too often) and leftover sandbox wood to make a BOO sign.

I finished it off with pulling out the Halloween tablecloth my mom sent to me my freshmen year in college.  It is so busy that it makes my head hurt having it on the table, but the girls love it so I just try and avert my eyes.

It's not perfect, but it put a smile on these faces and that's what counts.

2 comments:

HowellAZ said...

Wow - you are creative and had a bunch of stuff at home to make decorations with! Go Cyndi! I got some things at the Walmart after holiday sale last year and now I've just got to muster up the energy to put some up. This inspired me. Thanks! :)

Durfee Family said...

You are such a fun Mom!