6.27.2011

Seconds...

Funny how you become a mom and after a few years feel like you got somewhat of a grasp on how the job is done - and then you have your second child who is NOTHING like the first and you have to learn it all over again.

Cosette has taught me a lot... She has taught me that not every kid loves play-dates and parties. She has taught me that giving choices or offering a distraction doesn't cure all two-year-old tantrums. She has taught me that staying the day at home is okay. She has taught me that dragging 'blankie' along to grocery stores and Grandma's house is not a big deal. She has taught me that kids can be sustained for weeks at a time on apple slices and yogurt.

Cosette has completely changed in the last 6 months. I wish everyone could see the personality that I see in her but unless she is feeling secure (AKA at home or Grandma's) she is extremely reserved. So here are a few things that I never want to forget and that might help you see into the life of our little Cozy-Cosette.

*Cosette has an eating disorder - Blake summed it up well last week: "It's not the she doesn't like it - she just likes the power of not eating it." Eating is a chore for Cosie and if she doesn't feel up to working than she won't eat. The more we push the less interested she is.

*Cosette likes silliness usually in the form of potty-humor. Here are a few examples... In the opening song of Mickey Mouse Clubhouse - Mickey turns around and shakes his bum while pulling a lever - This is her favorite scene and makes her giggle every time. She also has a Dora puzzle and the first pieces she connects are 'Ewww... Dora's bum.' Her favorite time of day is when we are changing clothes and she can run around 'nakey'. With this fascination - you would think she would have some interest in potty training, but alas it is not so.

*Cosette has this incredible talent of disengaging every muscle in her body. She can go as limp as a rag doll. She uses this to her advantage when I am trying to put her in her carseat - "I'm too wiggly" as her body is slumping out of the seat onto the floor.

*Cosette has a large vocabulary that she kept hidden for awhile. One day she woke up and decided she was ready to talk and impressed me with, "I like pink. Actually, I like green. What color do you like Mom?"

*Cosette is content to be alone. I have a hard time with this and probably annoy her already by making her be a part of our family. I hate being alone and therefore have pushed this on Cosie when she is perfectly happy to be on her own. Just this afternoon, I was putting her down for nap and thought I would be a nice mom and snuggle her until she fell asleep. She said, in the rudest voice that a two-year-old can muster, "No Mom, don't lay by me." Blake continuously reminds me that it is a Taylor-trait and not to take it personal.

*Cosette has a thing for electronics - she also gets this from her dad. Blake received a complimentary iTouch from a bank and Cosette uses it the most in our family. She also loves shows and begs, in the sweetest voice a two-year-old can muster, "Can I watch Dora?"

*Cosette is a low-maintenance child and I smother her with affection in fear that she will develop a severe case of "middle-child syndrome." I hope she never feels overshadowed by her busy-body big sister and miracle-man little brother. I love that she is her cozy little self and content with a bit quieter side of life than I am used to.

5 comments:

AndersonGR8 said...

And she is so great to squeeze because you have to open your eyes to see if she is realy there. What a sweetheart!

Taylor said...

I LOVE that smile!

The Hardy Things in Life said...

AWWW she is so cute!! I love her picture!!

busy bowman said...

Cozy Cute can also charm her way into everyones heart!

HowellAZ said...

Sweet little Cosie! That is such a great picture of her! I'm so glad we got to catch up and see all while we were in Boise. It was nice of her to let Jett watch the Mickey show on her iTouch. Next time I'll try not to let Cosie chat me up so much. ;)